Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lao King

History of the last Lao king.

These slides remind me of my teenage years in Laos. I remember when I was sitting in a classroom, and my teacher made an announcement that our King' s airplane just landed. Students were all excited. We went out and lined up along the street where the king's motorcade was planned to pass by. When he arrived, we were waving our three- headed elephant flag joyfully. I was so happy to see his image through the car window. That was the first and last time that I saw the king of Laos. Then I heard that the king and his family were brutally tortured to death by the Lao communist government. He was accused of corruption and committing a crime by killing Lao population. That was so rootless, and cruel. The real government that commits crimes is the current one.

No comments:

Post a Comment